- Welcome to the RU Living LLC Web Site (“Site”). The “Site” is owned and controlled by Huntington Management LLC, herein after referred to as (“RU Living”, “We”, or “Us”). Please review the following basic rules that govern your use of our Site (the “Agreement”). Please note that your use of our Site means that you agree to those rules.
- RU Living is not affiliated with Rutgers University and does not provide official university policy. RU Living is a privately owned website that services the Rutgers University community and its students for the sole purpose of advertising apartments for rent.
- Prices, terms, and availability are subject to change without notice.
- Incentives, advertising, promotional materials are subject to change without notice.
- Square Feet listed are an approximate value for each unit.
- Units are delivered unfurnished.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the apartments that appear at the Site. However, actual condition and finishes you see may vary from year to year.
- Artist renderings, architectural renderings, specifications, marketing materials and floor plans are conceptual and may or may not depict the finished product exactly.
- We may from time to time change the privacy rules. We will notify users of the site of any changes by posting the revised policy reflecting them with a new effective date on this page. Your use of our Site following any such change means that you agree to the rules as changed. These rules–specifically including the “Privacy and Client Information Policy” below–apply to this website only and not to any other website or business activity of RU Living or any other division of RU Living.
PRIVACY AND CLIENT INFORMATION POLICY:
- We collect a variety of Client information in an effort to improve our clients’ online and apartment searching experience. We recognize that we must maintain and use Client information responsibly.
- We collect personal information necessary to respond to requests for apartment availability, pricing, general information or a request to receive promotional emails from the Client. We also use this information for marketing and promotional purposes. We do not sell it to or exchange it with third parties. This information includes name, address, city, state, zip code, phone number, cell phone number, email address. For those Clients who have opted to register their personal profile with the RU Living website by adding their name to our site, they may contact RU Living Client service at 732-227-4070 to have their information updated as needed. Clients may select “opt-out” at the bottom of our emails or text “stop” at anytime to stop receiving updates.
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- We also collect demographic and interest information via Google Analytics. Google Analytics is Google’s analytics tool that helps website and app owners to understand how their visitors engage with their properties. It may use a set of cookies to collect information and report website usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors to Google. We provide website visitors the ability to prevent their data from being used by Google Analytics by opting out here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
DO NOT TRACK (DNT):
- Currently, this site does not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals from your browser.
USER COMMENTS, FEEDBACK, POSTCARDS AND OTHER SUBMISSIONS:
- All comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to us on or by this Site or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection with your use of this Site (collectively, “Comments”) shall be and remain RU Living’s property. Such disclosure, submission or offer of any Comments shall constitute an assignment to RU Living of all worldwide rights, titles and interests in all copyrights and other intellectual properties in the Comments. Thus, RU Living will own exclusively all such rights, titles and interests and shall not be limited in any way in its use, commercial or otherwise, of any Comments. RU Living is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to user any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that no Comments submitted by you to the Site will violate any right of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s). You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to the Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material. You are solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make. You agree that the Company may use and/or disclose information about your demographics and use of the Site in any manner that does not reveal your identity.
- You may post or upload content you have created, including without limitation, photographs, your social media handle, videos, and comments (collectively, “User Submissions”) to your social media accounts. By posting and uploading User Submissions that you have tagged with #RUliving or other RU Living brand hashtags, you grant to RU Living, its third-party service providers who provide content management services, and its retail partners (collectively, the “Licensed Parties”) the perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, transferable right to use your RU Living-tagged User Submissions in any manner to be determined in the Licensed Parties’ sole discretion, including but not limited to on their webpages, social media pages operated by RU Living, and in other marketing, promotional and advertising initiatives, in any media now or hereafter known. The Licensed Parties may use, display, reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works from, combine with other materials, alter and/or edit your User Submissions in any manner in their sole discretion, with no obligation to you whatsoever. You grant the Licensed Parties the right to use your username, real name, image, likeness, caption, location or other identifying information in connection with any use of your User Submissions. You hereby represent and warrant that (i) you own all rights in and to your User Submissions, (ii) you have permission from all person(s) appearing in your User Submissions to grant the rights granted herein; (iii) you are not a minor, and (iv) the Licensed Parties’ use of your User Submissions as described herein will not violate the rights of any third party or any law. You hereby release, discharge and agree to hold RU Living, the Licensed Parties, and any person acting on RU Living’s or their behalf harmless from any liability related in any way to the Licensed Parties’ use of your User Submissions.
- We use a third-party service provider to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on this site. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our Web site, and your interaction with our apartment and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other Web sites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by most major web sites.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES:
- Protecting your information is extremely important to us. We realize that prioritizing this issue will insure an exceptional experience. To this end, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL encrypts all personal information including your name, address and phone numbers. With encryption in place, only RU Living can decode your information.
- You can insure your connection is secure by looking in the lower left-hand corner of your browser window. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending on your browser), the SSL is active and your connection is secure. Please note that SSL will not activate until you enter the login page after you have completed your shopping and are ready to check out.
- You may also check your security level by looking at the URL line of your browser. When accessing a secure server, the first characters of the site address will change from ‘http’ to ‘https.’
- Please note that some versions of browsers don’t permit communication even if the server is secure. This is also true of some firewalls. If for some reason you are unable to connect to our secure server or would rather speak directly with us, please call us at 732-227-4070.
SITE CONTENT AS IS:
- This site and all contents of the site are provided on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. You acknowledge, by your use of the site, that your use of the site is at your sole risk, that you assume full responsibility for all costs associated with all necessary servicing or repairs of any equipment you use in connection with your use of our site, and that the company shall not be liable for any damages of any kind related to your use of this site.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold RU Living, its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to your use of the Site.
- This Site is controlled and operated by RU Living from its offices in New Brunswick, NJ.
- This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, without regard to any conflict of law provisions. Any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be resolved exclusively by the county, state and federal courts of the State of New Jersey, County of Middlesex.
- This Agreement is effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. Either of us may terminate this Agreement at any time without notice.